segunda-feira, 25 de julho de 2016

Alternative Energy After the Dialogue

I’ve always been interested in alternative energy and even have thought about being involved with it in my future career. However, despite of my interest, my knowledge was quite limited and there were many things I didn’t know about alternative energy or just energy in general. That is the reason why I decided to come on this dialogue. It was the perfect mix of theoretical and practical learning since we would have classes and trips to different alternative energy generation plants.

Coming from a business background, the class hasn’t been exactly the easiest class I’ve taken. However, I have used that as a challenge and a motivation to improve and learn more about the subject. Also, I have my classmates have explained things to me and helped me keep motivated.  I am always excited about the trips, I enjoy them a lot and learn very much from them. Also, my business background was useful for some assignments for the class.

This class has given a different appreciation of alternative energy. Although the energy is cleaner, it still affects the environment in a smaller scale. Alternative energy is really not that practical, is very expensive, and some sources are very inefficient. Our technology for some sources is still in infant stages and it is clear that there is a lot of room for improvement.

Regardless of all the issues that alternative energy has, it is clear that it is the way to go. After this class, more than any other time, I’ve realized how big of an issue it is to work on different alternative sources for energy since the sources we are currently using, such as oil wells, won’t last very long. I’ve also learn that in order to generate the required amount of energy, many different alternative energy sources have to be used.

I want to work with alternative energy in my future career. It is exciting to be part of something that will help society and be part of new discoveries. Besides, whoever is able to come out with the new technology to improve the efficiency from alternative energy, will generate a lot of profit, and after all, even if I care about the environment and society, I am first and foremost a business student.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário